The peace, prayers and celebration of the Sabbath was shattered by horrible violence this morning in Istanbul, Turkey when two simultaneous terrorist attacks bombed synagogues – houses of worship. The latest death toll is 24 with at least 150 injured. Read about what the experience was like in one of the syngagoues in this report in Haaretz and read a news report here.
- RT @cmclymer: What do Joe Biden, Sonia Sotomayor, Nancy Pelosi, and Pope Francis have in common? They're all prominent Catholics who have… 1 day ago
- RT @ilyseh: Please, if you read one thread today, make it this thread by the good Reverend Dr. William J. Barber, II. https://t.co/IAYGYDvM… 1 day ago
- RT @sanjerina: Amy Klobuchar elegantly drags Ted Cruz while visibly shaking with the rage so many of us feel right now https://t.co/1TvnmnK… 1 day ago
- RT @rabbijilljacobs: Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated by a right wing extremist because of his attempts to bring about peace between I… 1 day ago
- RT @rtimoner: So good. Watch before Yom Kippur. Thank you to @MatthewLGreen @SandenWolff @ElizaScheffler @yehudawebster @shannazell @Alexa… 1 day ago