Naomi Shemer, Israel’s composer, died during Shabbat. She composed famous songs like Yerushalayim she Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold), Lu Yehi and the musical setting of Rachel’s Kinneret to name just some of the most famous. You can read about her life a number of places, including Jerusalem Post. May her memory and her music be a blessing.
- RT @MuslimIQ: FIFTH bomb explosion in Austin since March 2—targeting POC Reminder: •$1B manhunt after Boston bombing until suspects stoppe… 17 minutes ago
- RT @AbeFroman: And for context, the Unabomber killed 3 people over 17 years. This bomber in #Austin has killed 2 people in 10 days, critica… 11 hours ago
- RT @eugenegu: The Austin package bomber is a domestic terrorist who appears to be targeting African Americans and minorities. We need to st… 11 hours ago
- RT @Brehawk8: The best part of today HANDS DOWN was when my kid just came downstairs to ask for a sandwich because she was hungry. Not only… 12 hours ago
- RT @alisonoverholt: Read this. And then read the massive continuing coverage we do @espnW. Upsets all over the place this weekend, in addit… 12 hours ago