Naomi Shemer, Israel’s composer, died during Shabbat. She composed famous songs like Yerushalayim she Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold), Lu Yehi and the musical setting of Rachel’s Kinneret to name just some of the most famous. You can read about her life a number of places, including Jerusalem Post. May her memory and her music be a blessing.
- Thanks @shiftyjelly for the Web Player 2.0 Beta. blog.shiftyjelly.com/2017/09/25/web… 4 hours ago
- RT @masoud_barzani: Proud to cast my vote earlier this morning and partake in this historic day, the day of the #KurdistanReferendum https:… 22 hours ago
- RT @monaeltahawy: "UN Secretary General in April said sexual assaults were "apparently employed systematically to humiliate and terrorize t… 22 hours ago
- RT @NPR: "In the end, I think beauty just means just being yourself. … I think we just have to keep ourselves as we are." https://t.co/oGTj… 22 hours ago
- RT @krousmaniere: "Kushner used private email to conduct White House business". Lock him up!!! 1 day ago