I have long been a fan of the NBC television program Law & Order. I’ve watched the original and most of the spin-offs (especially SVU and Criminal Intent). The end of the original program may have been inevitable, but it is sad none the less. Heeb Magazine wrote up some of the Greatest Jewish Moments on Law and Order. Episodes often focus on issues of justice, fairness and the need to care for the less fortunate in society – key Jewish values. Perhaps in that way many shows have had Jewish themes. I’ll have to be satisfied with SVU, Criminal Intent and re-runs.
- RT @cmclymer: What do Joe Biden, Sonia Sotomayor, Nancy Pelosi, and Pope Francis have in common? They're all prominent Catholics who have… 1 day ago
- RT @ilyseh: Please, if you read one thread today, make it this thread by the good Reverend Dr. William J. Barber, II. https://t.co/IAYGYDvM… 1 day ago
- RT @sanjerina: Amy Klobuchar elegantly drags Ted Cruz while visibly shaking with the rage so many of us feel right now https://t.co/1TvnmnK… 1 day ago
- RT @rabbijilljacobs: Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated by a right wing extremist because of his attempts to bring about peace between I… 1 day ago
- RT @rtimoner: So good. Watch before Yom Kippur. Thank you to @MatthewLGreen @SandenWolff @ElizaScheffler @yehudawebster @shannazell @Alexa… 1 day ago